Share the love in any language 

Simon Wilby @1
https://www.foxnews.com/en...

Prince Andrew believes 'he has a future’ amid sex abuse settlement, expert claims: ‘He won’t go away quietly’

Prince Andrew still believes he has a shot at public life.

Pals of the Duke of York made that claim after Prince Andrew agreed last week to settle his sex abuse case by making a substantial donation to his accuser’s charity and declaring that he never meant to malign her character.

Kerene Barefield, an executive producer for True Royalty TV, said the revelation came during a recent taping of "The Royal Beat," a talk show for the streaming service that features exclusive interviews with royal experts and palace insiders.

"The royal experts shared, by speaking to friends of the Duke of York, that he still believes he has a future as a royal," Barefield told Fox News Digital. "The language that he used in his statement, like the fact he will be helping sex trafficking victims, could be seen as him trying to reposition himself and reinvent himself in the eyes of the public. It’s my understanding that [his daughter] Princess Eugenie also has a charity that helps sex trafficking victims. And it might be that he’s trying to get on board with that."

PRINCE ANDREW’S EX-WIFE SARAH FERGUSON MAKES FIRST PUBLIC OUTING SINCE DUKE OF YORK'S SEX ABUSE SETTLEMENT

"All he has is his family right now to support him," she shared. "It’s my understanding that Prince Andrew still believes he has a lot to contribute to public life. I don’t think anyone else feels the same. But he won’t go away quietly. He will want to come back to public life."

Barefield said the announcement of the 61-year-old’s settlement was "a shock" to those in the UK because they were expecting a lengthy court battle.

"It just felt so sudden," she said. "The immediate question that came to mind was why now? According to the royal experts, there was a push from the queen and Prince Charles to get things sorted. The scandal is not good for the monarchy, and it’s certainly not good for public perception of the monarchy. So it’s my understanding that Prince Charles and the queen wanted this matter solved quickly so they can get on with their work and highlight the good that the monarchy still does."

The deal does avoid a trial that would have brought further embarrassment to the monarchy. Besides the undisclosed donation to Virginia Giuffre’s charity, the court filing revealed that Andrew acknowledges she suffered as an abuse victim. It did not specify whether Giuffre would personally receive money as part of the settlement.

#1Vision #SimonWilby #JohnMatze
06:21 PM - Jul 27, 2022
Only people mentioned by 1 in this post can reply

No replys yet!

It seems that this publication does not yet have any comments. In order to respond to this publication from Simon Wilby, click on at the bottom under it