Share the love in any language 

Lennie @lennie
Espress Ya’self 🍸🍸 #Drinks #DidYouKnow

New York City bartender Anthony A. Baker created this riff on an Espresso Martini, calling it “a much smoother version of an Espresso Martini that has more layers of flavor.”

“I really don't enjoy the bitterness you get from espresso, or even coffee for that matter,” says Baker. “With this recipe, I can control the level of bitterness in the cocktail.” He swaps out bitter espresso for flavorful cold-brew coffee and the typical Kahlúa for more intense cold-brew liqueur and adds vanilla extract and chocolate bitters instead of relying on those notes from the brew. Agave spirits form the drink’s base rather than the usual vodka, and agave nectar takes the place of simple syrup. The unexpected addition of firewater bitters throws the drink’s flavors in an entirely new direction, while the final touch is edible glitter in the colors of the pan-African flag.

“In the end, you'll have a smoother full-bodied Espresso Martini-esque cocktail with just hints of smoke, bitterness, chocolate, vanilla and spice” says Baker.

Baker admits the result of swapping most of the cocktail’s typical ingredients may throw some people off. “Because this cocktail doesn't have the typical ingredients of an Espresso Martini, people will probably take a look at this recipe and think it's going to be terrible,” he says. “But that's what I find so fun about creating cocktails: putting unusual ingredients together and making believers out of people.”

As for the drink’s name, Baker says it reflects him expressing himself through a cocktail, taking a standard and making it his own through the use of unexpected components. “I'm really excited for people to taste it, become a believer and consequently get inspired to step outside of the box and try something new,” he says. “Rather than following the typical cookie-cutter method of creating cocktails, I want them to be inspired to step outside of their comfort zone and imagine what kind of cocktail they would like to create and make it come to life.”

Ingredients
1 1/2 ounces blanco tequila
1 ounce cold-brew coffee liqueur (such as Mr Black)
1/2 ounce mezcal
1 ounce cold-brew coffee
1/2 ounce agave nectar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 dashes Hella Mexican chocolate bitters
4 dashes Scrappy’s Firewater bitters
Garnish: black, green and red edible glitter

Steps
Add the tequila, coffee liqueur, mezcal, cold-brew coffee, agave nectar, vanilla extract, chocolate bitters and Firewater bitters into a shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled.

Strain into a coupe glass.

Garnish with black, green and red edible glitter.
02:53 AM - Dec 20, 2022
Only people mentioned by lennie in this post can reply

No replys yet!

It seems that this publication does not yet have any comments. In order to respond to this publication from Lennie , click on at the bottom under it